Each year since 1998, Mississippi cattlemen have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes as a result of the repeal of sales tax on animal health products. This legislation was a direct result of MCA’s work in the legislature.
Through the work of the Mississippi Cattlemen’s Association, our state enacted one of the first country of origin labeling laws for beef in America.
Join MCA Today! Be a part of the team that is winning battles to improve cattle producers' bottom line!
- Subscription to Cattle Business in Mississippi magazine
- Weekly electronic newsletter – Monday Memo
- $2000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Policy
- $1000 Cattle Theft Reward Program
- At the 2019 annual convention, members’ children and grandchildren received $65,000 in scholarships
- Product discounts from participating allied industry sponsors
- Representation in Jackson and Washington on issues affecting all cattlemen, landowners and taxpayers
- Representation to set policy in the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Co-sponsor – Young Cattlemen’s Conference, Cattlemen’s Colleges, Grazing Schools, Stocker Conference, Dixie Farm Expo
- Member of the Southeastern Livestock Network
- Mississippi Beef Quality Assurance Program
- Beef promotions at State Fair and Dixie National Livestock Show
- Sponsor "Making Tracks" Wax Junior Leadership Conference
- Incentive for member recruitment – MCA logo items
- Sponsor one of the nation’s largest junior cattlemen’s associations
- MCA officers and staff represent cattlemen on over twenty state committees, foundation boards and organizations